Image Eyecare Optometry ReOpening & Offering Appointments!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
Precautions You should Be Taking
- All patient encounters are still by appointment only to allow our team enough time to sanitize the equipment and workstations after each patient.
- Masks will still be required for all patients and staff at Image Eyecare Optometry, regardless of vaccination status because we fall into the Healthcare Setting Rule. If you do not have one, we will provide a disposable mask to you, but we can only provide a limited number of them.
- No paperwork- appointments for eye exam: we encourage you to pre-register on our website prior to your visit:
- For new patients: please fill out the Medical History form, Optomap Retinal Exam form, HIPAA/Insurance Signature on File/Patient’s Financial Responsibility form.
- For established patients: unless there was a change in your personal information, you only need to fill out the Optomap Retinal Exam form.
- All patients must complete a COVID-19 questionnaire form.
- When you arrive:
- We kindly ask that you immediately wash your hands with hand sanitizer provided by our office at the entrance door.
- We may ask you to reschedule your appointment if you show flu-like signs, cold/fever, or coughing.
- Staff and Doctor will not shake hands with any of our patients. Please do not take it personally!
- While there are no restrictions for patients for physical distancing, we will still be recommending that patients respect other patients’ personal space and follow signage in our office.
- With no restrictions in capacity limitations or physical distancing, we will now be allowing patients to sit close to each other in the lobby and in the optical.
- If any patient does not feel comfortable being next to another patient in the lobby, you can still check-in at the front desk, then wait outside (or in your car) and request we call you to come inside when we are ready for you.
- For eyewear/contact lens pick up, we offer curbside pickup. If you would like curbside pickup, please call to let us know when you arrive at the parking lot.
Steps the Practice is Taking
- Hand sanitation stations are available at the entrance and throughout the practice.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at the front check-in desk.
- All of our staff and doctors will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including gloves, masks and face-shields.
- Every chair will be disinfected between each use.
- Each pre-testing and examination rooms are disinfected after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment.
- We will disinfect frames after a patient has contact with them.
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting railings, door handles, counters, reception room areas, and all spaces where public interaction occurs.
- The exam room and pretesting instruments will be disinfected after every patient.
- We will be aware of common “touch points” within the clinic such as doorknobs, counters, keyboard, phones, credit card machines, pens, etc. and will be disinfecting these as often as possible.
- All reading material has been removed from the waiting area.
- Pens will be sanitized after each use by a patient.
- No signatures on credit card receipts – touchless transactions when possible.
- Deep cleaning at the end of each day.