Image Eyecare Optometry ReOpening & Offering Appointments!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
Precautions You should Be Taking
- ALL patient encounters will be by appointment. Walk-ins will not be allowed.
- No paperwork- appointments for eye exam now require pre-registration on our website
- For new patients: please fill out the Medical History form, Optomap Retinal Exam form, HIPAA/Insurance Signature on File/Patient’s Financial Responsibility form.
- For established patients: unless there was a change in your personal information, you only need to fill out the Optomap Retinal Exam form.
- All patients must complete a COVID-19 questionnaire form.
- We kindly ask you to arrive at your appointment alone unless you are a minor and require adult supervision then we will allow one caregiver inside with the child.
- Anyone who enters the building will be required to wear a face mask/face covering. We kindly ask you to plan to bring your own mask. If you do not have one, we will provide a disposable mask to you, but we can only provide a limited number of them.
- We kindly ask you to bring your own pen if possible.
- When you arrive:
- Please remain in your car.
- Call the office to let us know you are in the parking lot.
- We will check you in over the phone. Then, we will come out to your car to take your temperature and accompany you into the building.
- We may ask you to reschedule your appointment if you show flu-like signs, cold/fever, or coughing.
- We kindly ask that you immediately wash your hands with hand sanitizer provided by our office at the entrance door.
- Staff and Doctor will not shake hands with any of our patients. Please don’t take it personally 😊
- We will be practicing safe distancing within the office and we kindly ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and others.
- For eyewear/contact lens pick up, we offer curbside pickup. If you would like curbside pickup, please call to let us know when you arrive at the parking lot.
Steps Our Practice is Taking
- Appointment times will be spaced further apart to ensure social distancing.
- Hand sanitation stations are available at the entrance and throughout the practice.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at the front check-in desk.
- All of our staff and doctors will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including gloves, masks and face-shields.
- Spread-out patient chairs in the optical and reception area – at least 6 feet apart.
- Every chair will be disinfected between each use.
- Each pre-testing and examination rooms are disinfected after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment.
- We will disinfect frames after a patient has contact with them.
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting railings, door handles, counters, reception room areas, and all spaces where public interaction occurs.
- Limiting the number of patients in the office or any area at one time.
- The exam room and pretesting instruments will be disinfected after every patient.
- We will be aware of common “touch points” within the clinic such as doorknobs, counters, keyboard, phones, credit card machines, pens, etc. and will be disinfecting these as often as possible.
- All reading material has been removed from the waiting area.
- Pens will be sanitized after each use by a patient.
- No signatures on credit card receipts – touchless transactions when possible.
- Deep cleaning at the end of each day.
- Discussions with doctors and staff will be kept to a minimum.
- Follow up phone calls or telehealth video conferencing will be used as often as possible.